Introduction Introduction Various Output Devices Various Output Devices Monitors...
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Introduction Introduction Various Output Devices Various Output Devices Monitors...
- Slide 1
- Slide 2
- Introduction Introduction Various Output Devices Various Output Devices Monitors Monitors Printers Printers Types of Printers Types of Printers Dot Matrix Printer Dot Matrix Printer Inkjet Printer Inkjet Printer Daisy Wheel Printer Daisy Wheel Printer Laser Printer Laser Printer Plotters Plotters Speakers Speakers
- Slide 3
- Any device that outputs information from a computer is called, an output device. Output devices enable the users to perceive the results of computer processing. An output device is any piece of computer hardware equipment used to communicate the results of data processing carried out by an information processing system (such as a computer) which converts the electronically generated information into human- readable form. Devices that display, print, or transmit the results of processing from the computers memory. An output device is any peripheral device that converts machine-readable information into people-readable form such as a monitor, printer, plotter and voice output device. Back
- Slide 4
- Monitors Printers Plotters Speakers Back
- Slide 5
- The on-screen display enables the user to view the results of data processing. The monitors has its own processing circuitry and memory, called Video RAM (VRAM). The screen output is referred to as a soft copy, while the printed version of the same information is called the hard copy. Monitors use Cathode Ray Tube (CRT) technology used in television sets.
- Slide 6
- The image is formed by electrons guns which shoots a stream of electrons at the screens phosphorescent surface. In a color monitor, three electron guns, (red, green, and blue) are used. They fire electrons in varying intensities to produce on-screen shots.
- Slide 7
- Slide 8
- A printer is a device that prints output to a page. Printers are commonly categorized by the way they create print characters Printers come in color or simply black and white. Most businesses have laser printers since the quality is better. Printers can be connected to the computer or networked using a print server. Two basic print technologies are:- Impact printers Non-impact printers Back
- Slide 9
- Impact Printer: An impact printer forms characters and graphics on a piece of paper by striking a mechanism contacts the paper. Non-Impact Printers: A non-impact printer forms character and graphics on a piece of paper without actually striking the paper.
- Slide 10
- Types of Impact Printer Daisy Wheel Printer Dot-Matrix Printer Types of Non-Impact Printer Ink-Jet Printer Laser Printer Back
- Slide 11
- A dot matrix printer forms characters and graphics on the paper by producing pattern of dots. Dot matrix printers are relatively cheap and so is the stationary they use. Dot matrix printers are generally noisy. Slow, with speed usually ranging between 30 to 600 characters per second.
- Slide 12
- Slide 13
- A Daisy Wheel printer is an impact printer that uses a wheel as a print head. As the Wheel rotates, a hammer strikes the backside of the spoke and presses it against the paper to print a character. Can print letter quality characters. Printing speed is very slow. Back
- Slide 14
- This is a non-impact printer that forms characters and graphics by spraying tiny drops of liquid ink onto a piece of paper. Inkjet Printers are very quite to operate and can produce good quality printouts of both graphics and text. Inkjet Printers are generally quite. Inkjet Printers can produce high quality color output Back
- Slide 15
- The mechanism of haw a laser printer works is similar to a photocopier. Laser printers are also known as page printers because they process and store the entire page before they actually print it. Laser printers can be print text at speeds of 4 to over 30 pages per minute. The cost per page of toner cartridges is lower than other printers. Laser printers are quite and fast. Back
- Slide 16
- A plotter is large printer that generates high-quality documents by moving ink panes over the surface of paper. Plotters are particularly useful to engineers and architects, as they produce high quality blueprints, maps, and floor plans. Can print on large printers High quality printing Plotters are expensive Back
- Slide 17
- A speaker, or speaker system converts an electrical signal to sound The term loudspeaker can refer to individual transducers (known as drivers), or to complete systems consisting of a enclosures incorporating one or more drivers and electrical filter components. Loudspeakers are the most variable elements in an audio system and are responsible for the greatest degree of audible difference between sound system.
- Slide 18
- Slide 19
- Thank You