新课标人教版课件系列 《高中英语》 必修 5- 1.2. Unit 1 Great Scientists
Click here to load reader
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of 新课标人教版课件系列 《高中英语》 必修 5- 1.2. Unit 1 Great Scientists
Unit 1 Great Scientists
Words and Expressionsknow aboutlift upput forwarddraw a conclusionmake up a questionexpose toget interested in sth/doing sth.absorb intoslow downin addition (to)
link to prevent sb from doing sthcome to an endlook intoapart frombe strict with sblead tomake sensework onbe against ones idea
Homework checking (P4, Ex 1)1. examined2. put forward3. expose4. cure5. immediately
6. look into7.annoouced8. instruct9. valuable
Homework checking (P4, Ex 2)1. make a telephone call2. make a plan3. make a speech 4. make a change 5. make a decision6. make a contribution7. make a noise8. make a description
1. put forward put forward a new theoryput on ;; put out (); ()put up with put down ;put off ; put up ; Ex. C
expose expose sth. to the light of day I threatened to expose him ( to the police). (). . He exposed his skin to the sun.The old man was left exposed to wind and rain. exposed
3. absorb Paper that absorbs ink is called blotting paper.
The big company organization. I was so absorbed in a book that I didnt hear you call.
4. in addition, .
A number of people came to the zoo in addition to Peter and Paul.
The teacher in addition to two students at the meeting.was
5. apart from What do you learn apart from English?
Apart from being fun and good exercise, swimming is a very useful skill.
6. suggest * May suggested a picnic at the weekend. * * What did you suggest to the headmaster? * I suggested leaving early for the airport. * .
*She suggested that her father(should)give up smoking. *The smile on her face suggestedthat she agreed with me.
He suggested to us a visit to the Great Wall.He suggested us visiting the Great Wall.He suggested that we (should) visit the Great Wall.
Structures *Every time I meet him, I always think of the things happened between us. *I will give the letter to him immediately/the moment /directly/instantly I see him.
2. where all the dead people had lived marked
that polluted water carried the disease announce
3. You are not to speak loudly in the office. The driver was to blame for the accident.
had it delivereddeliverhave sth done
He had to have his car repaired, for it broke down this morning.
Mark had his hair cut yesterday.
Only then did I realize that I was wrong.
Only with hard work can you expect to get a pay rise
Only when the war was over was he able to get back to work.
Listening (P5)1. Qian Xuesen first studied to be an engineer.2. In America he began to work on space rockets so that he was able to develop a space programme when he came back to China.3. When Qian Xuesen returned to China he sep up a Space Institute to begin training people in how to design and build rockets.
4. In China he has been honoured as the father of the space programme.
5. Steve Smith suggested putting Qian Xuesens picture on Mars when the first Chinese astronaut lands there.