Ntu life of a foreigner

Post on 24-Apr-2015

138 views 3 download

description

My life in National Taiwan University

Transcript of Ntu life of a foreigner

Lao Wai 101基礎老外學By: Pablo Echeverria 卡帝諾

黃彥程 huang yan cheng

In 2011 I came to Taiwan, full of dreams and hopes.

2011 年,我滿懷希望與理想來台

I left my friends behind告別了我的朋友

My relatives ( only ones I like out of 37 cousins )

我的親戚( 我有37個表兄弟姊妹 )

My mom, dad, and grandma我的媽媽、爸爸和阿罵

And I left behind my dogs 和我家小白和阿福 =(

I traveled 14,776 km to a country I didn’t know the language飛了 14776 公里來到一個語言不通的國家

• In my attempt to speak Chinese I made silly mistakes like:

• 嘗試說中文時,鬧了不少笑話• Instead of saying 一碗水餃多少錢 ? I said: 一晚睡覺多少錢 ?

• Instead of saying 我要一個雞排 I said: 我要一個雞掰

• In 2012 I entered the Mechanical Engineering

Department of NTU.

•2012 年,我進入台大機械系

• I went to my first class: 普通物理學 with professor 易富國 . After 3 hours of class I said to myself: Oh shit! I won’t graduate…

• 第一堂課是易富國教授的普通物理學,上了三小時後,我心想:幹,我畢不了業了…

• I cried that night. I cried like a little baby, but in my heart I knew I wouldn’t give up.

• 那天晚上大哭一場,但是我告訴自己不可以放棄

• I wanted to make friends, but unfortunately they were all scared to talk to me. It was funny, because I was more scared of talking to them.

• 我想交朋友,但是他們都不太敢跟我說話。有趣的是,我其實更怕跟他們說話

It took me a while to understand why Taiwanese don’t talk to foreigners that much. 過了好一陣子我才搞懂為什麼台灣同學不太敢跟老外說話

Foreigner Stereotypes老外接觸指南 -- 刻板印想篇

#1 Always partying or plan on partying tonight要不是在開趴,就是在計畫今晚的趴

#2 They don‘t want to talk to us because they think they are superior 他們自我感覺良好

#3 They only talk to cool, westernize ABC because we are lame 他們只願意跟很潮的溫拿說話

#4 they are rich他們錢多多

#5 they only talk to good English speaker他們只和英文神人說話

That’s not true! Well… At least for most foreigners…老天!那絕不是真的!好吧…至少 99% 不是真的

I always sat by myself at 活大 and nobody wanted to talk to me 我常自己坐在活大,沒有人願意跟我說話 =(

Until one day, a nice Taiwanese guy (who later became my best friend), approached to me in one class…直到有一天,有個台灣同學 ( 後來成為我最好的朋友 ) 開始跟我說話

Huang Yan Cheng黃彥程

帥哥 ? 他的 FB: pie31415926535898@yahoo.com.tw

He taught me many things:他教我許多東西

He taught me how to ride a bike!他教我騎腳踏車

How to use 筷子用筷子

He helped me improve my Chinese讓我的中文進步

How to do Calculus and Physics!算微積分和物理

How to stop crying and feeling pity. He inspired me to keep trying my best, regardless of the fact that I had no idea what was going in class…教我別自怨自艾,即使我完全聽不懂教授們在教什麼,他激勵我繼續努力

And I taught him many things:我也教他不少東西

How to improve his English讓他英文進步

How to always be positive and happy no matter how stressful are your classes.

教他在課業壓力下維持正向思考

How to flirt with Foreign girls… 如何把外國妹…

Although…雖然…

It wasn’t always successful…不保證成功…

We are now really good friends. We are so good friends that we now have a bromance.我們是非常好的朋友,好到有點像基友

So no matter what Freshmen所以各位新鮮人

Whether a girl like this approaches you to talk... (Yes she is Mechanical Engineering Student and my best friend)如果有個長這樣的女生想跟你說話 ( 她是台大機械系和我最好的朋友 )

Or a guy like this approaches you to talk…或長這樣的男生想跟你說話

Don’t be afraid and we won’t be afraid either. 別怕跟我們說話A small secret: We wish we could be as good as you studying…一個小秘密:我們很羨慕你們很會讀書

A free piece of advice 另外一點小建議

College life is the best part of your life. This is because, College is when you get the opportunity to create your own adventure.大學是人生中最美好的時光,希望你們把握機會嘗試不同的事物

It’s the opportunity to make new friends, or in my case, MY TAIWAN FAMILY

感謝你們 ! 歡迎進入台大